On May 25, 2016, the Safety Net Activists launched our website at: http://www.safetynetactivists.com
On our website, you will find useful information including:
- A guide to your rights to HRA benefits that you are entitled to by law;
- Information on obtaining legal help and various legal clinic schedules;
- Information about our current campaigns;
- An updated calendar with our meetings and upcoming events;
- A resource library with factsheets and information about public assistance, SNAP, and homelessness; and
- Our new blog about New Yorkers dealing with HRA and DHS – entitled From the Heart!
The Safety Net Activists build knowledge and power amongst and within low-income individuals, particularly recipients dealing with HRA Public Assistance and SNAP benefits in New York City. Our website will be of great assistance to New Yorkers in need of a one-stop information center for HRA and DHS social service programs in the City of New York. Learn more about our work with no-income and low-income New Yorkers and how you can make a difference!
Please take the time to share this e-mail with your family, friends, colleagues, and other organizations that you are involved in.
A huge thank you to Wendy O'Shields and Daniella Haviv whose time and dedication made this possible!